[CF-Devel] Cannot make crossfire

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Thu Oct 31 05:42:59 CST 2002

      I'm not sure why this happens:

      [

      root at krayp120

       crossfire]# make

      cd . && /bin/sh /home/operator/cvs/crossfire/crossfire/utils/missing --run

      autoconf

      autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory

      make: *** [configure] Error 1

      [

      root at krayp120

       crossfire]#

      There is no configure.in file.  Is the INSTALL file not up to date, and am

      I missing an important step?  I don't have autoconf on my system.  Is this

      now a requirement?

Lots of people have responded, guess you already have some clues
what to do.

I just want to add that on my system (SuSE linux), I've seen the
*exact* same errormessage when I first tried to compile crossfire
after the automake patch.

The reason is simply your automake version is too old.
Newer versions of automake also need autoconf.
So you need to install:
1) Newest version of autoconf,
2) then newest version of automake (override or delete former version).

See:
<

     http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/

<

     http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/

Installation was pretty simple. After that I had no more troubles
compiling newest versions of crossfire.

AndreasV

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more