[CF-Devel] Cannot make crossfire

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Oct 31 02:27:35 CST 2002

Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

      I'm not sure why this happens:

      [

      root at krayp120

       crossfire]# make

      cd . && /bin/sh /home/operator/cvs/crossfire/crossfire/utils/missing --run autoconf

      autoconf: configure.in: No such file or directory

      make: *** [configure] Error 1

      [

      root at krayp120

       crossfire]#

      There is no configure.in file.  Is the INSTALL file not up to date, and am

      I missing an important step?  I don't have autoconf on my system.  Is this

      now a requirement?

  If your grabbing out of CVS, there can be issues in terms of the datestamps of
the files.

  Do a 'rm configure; cvs update configure; touch configure', and then hopefully
the configure/make will work.