[CF List] New experience system on metalforge

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Tue Oct 8 02:32:33 CDT 2002

First off, I think what was said about lacking multiplayer
cooperation is true. The CF combat system is mostly too
quick and too straightforward to get players cooperating.
Lack of friendly fire does the rest. I have often experienced
that chances to get killed during "party play" are way higher
than for anything else.

It is also true that most maps are designed for single-players.
Naturally mapmakers tend to design maps in the same way
they like to play them.

Steven Lembark wrote:

      Most of the issues really are with dungeons: there are

      several maps that require groups and support party play

      well. It may be that the biggest hurdle is the map

      design software, which encourages single-player maps.

This is interesting. :-)
You think the CF map editors discourage creation of
multi-player maps? How so?

Do you have something in mind how to encourage creation
of multi-player maps in a Crossfire editor?

      Fix for that might be to have some people who are really

      intersted in designing a top-notch map maker to go at it.

I know my attempts are poor, but that's kind of what I'm
trying to do with the CFJavaEditor. ;-))

Just say what you are missing in the editor, I'm always
open for input.

While I can understand your notion to create an all-new
CF editor, please be aware that it would require tremendous
amounts of work to do so. It might be wise to build on
what we've got.

AndreasV

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more