[CF List] New New Experience Scheme...

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Oct 14 01:53:06 CDT 2002

Vernon T Rhyne wrote:

      Uh...  on second thought...  Dying adds another 300 million to my mental

      xp, to a total of 1.3822 billion, and changes my total xp to -2.02 billion,

      a somewhat lesser score than perhaps I'd hoped :)

  The 'best' thing to probably do is make characters overall exp independent of
skill exp.

  Without that, it will never be possible to maximize all your skill levels to
the same (or even close) to your overall level.

  IT only sort of worked in the old system because there was a massive gap for
the final two levels.

  Actually, as I think about this, this probably makes a lot more sense - it
means you can give characters exp which helps their overall level without trying
to figure out what skill it goes into.  This would probably be a saner approach
to party exp, as well as exp for using magic items to kill something (no reason
you really shouldn't get exp for that, but hard to determine a category).

  May actually make attack wands/rods more useful again.