[CF-Devel] Automake patch available, please test it

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Sep 2 18:21:04 CDT 2002

Jacek Konieczny wrote:

     Distcheck failed on my

     system because there was a gmon.out.

      It is strange... Could you send me the full output of `make distcheck`?

  I figured out the cause - I have CFLAGS set to '-ggdb -pg -Wall' in my
environment - thus the sub make it does as part of the configuration/testing
picked that up, and when it did the test run of the program, it produced the
gmon.out file.

      In addition to all the passed

     compile options, each compiled file now takes numerous lines, eg:

      [...]

      This is very usefull for many developers. And lack of those messages

      would be esspeccialy anoying to developers used to autoconf/automake

      projects (there are more and more of them).

  I think the solution for me at least is to run make with the -s option.

  However, I need to try this out with non gnu tools and see what it looks like.