[CF-Devel] Building the Server on Win32

pstolarc at theperlguru.com pstolarc at theperlguru.com
Mon Sep 2 19:15:43 CDT 2002

On Mon, 02 Sep 2002, Mark Wedel wrote:

       Does VC++ care about the whatspace/newline terminator on the .dsp file?  I

     have no problem just putting that patch in, but I noticed that the ^M got

     stripped, where as the rest of that file does have ^M, so I'm not sure if it

     would be useful as is.

I tested it, and VC++ does indeed care about newline terminators.  I
stripped the CRLFs to LFs in one .dsp file, and had to restore from the
backup (that I'd just made).  I put my project file up at

     http://theperlguru.com/crossfire/crossfire32.dsp

It's 66k, so I didn't want to post it to the list.  And it has all sorts of
VC++ goodness, like automatic changing of the text to English.  It also has
a different directory for python.  "C:\Python22" instead of "D:\Python21".
"C:\Python22" was the default install path for Python when I installed it.

If adding CRLFs is really painful, then I can merge the diff with what's in
CVS on my system.  (I've got this great ASM CRLF utility I wrote, ...)

Anyway, your choice as to what to do.

-Philip