[CF-Devel] blinding code not working

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Sep 5 00:26:02 CDT 2002

Kurt Fitzner wrote:

      On 04-Sep-2002 Mark Wedel wrote:

      The code I mean is check_wakeup() line 226 (or close to it) in monster.c

          if(QUERY_FLAG(op, FLAG_BLIND) && !QUERY_FLAG(op, FLAG_SEE_INVISIBLE))

              radius = MIN_MON_RADIUS;

  I agree - if monsters should be immuned to blind, give them resist_blind 100,
and not just because they have see invisible.

      The same check is in can_see_enemy() or'ed with a check for FLAG_XRAYS.

  I think that check was broken - it appears that the ! operator should have
been in front of the  ( see_invis || xray) check.  In any case, I removed the
see invis from that and also removed the xray check - this means that creatures
with xrays will still pass the check of can_see_enemy.

  Probably not that big an issue because very few monsters have xray set.