[CF-Devel] mood floors broken?

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed Sep 4 22:22:45 CDT 2002

I've noticed a problem with mood floors in the latest
CVS version:

In several maps I have used mood floors to turn
unagressive monsters agressive. I did so by inserting
a creator under the feet of the unagressive monster.
On activation, the creator creates a "furious_floor"
which is supposed to make the monster go angry.

This mechanism provided a very cool way to control
monster attacks, especially for "boss-monsters".

Recently this mechanism ceased to work. The monsters
stay unagressive even after the furious_floor was
created. Other ways of using mood floors still work,
so I suspect the way how mood floors get processed
might be broken. Maybe they are now processed
only every time a monster moves (looking if it stepped
on a mood floor).

(Formerly) working examples of this kinda mood floor
mechanism can be found on the following maps:
- pup_land/castle_eureca/chest
- santo_dominion/tavern.2ndfloor
- pup_land/ancient/castle/gothwolte.3

I would be very happy if this problem could be fixed
so the mood floors work like before.
Any ideas what could have cause this, and/or
where to look for it in the code?

AndreasV