[CF-Devel] Entrance square not checked

pstolarc at theperlguru.com pstolarc at theperlguru.com
Thu Sep 5 14:32:34 CDT 2002

On Thu, 05 Sep 2002, Kurt Fitzner wrote:

     I haven't checked in CVS, but I noticed that with 1.3, the square I pop into a

     map at, or teleport to, don't get checked for signs or runes.

     For example, the magic depletion runes in the elemental towers don't function,

     because they are on the square you pop into the map at (the stairs).  Also,

     the magic mouths in the the hall of quests that are set to congratulate you on

     completing a quest don't work either, because you teleport right on top of

     them.

This is due to the fact that runes and other squares are walk_on 1.
Teleporters and exits and town portal &c. don't trigger walk_on 1.  I think
this may be desired behaviour.  Unfortunately, this opens the server up to
some weirdness, such as:

Find a small button that triggers a gate.
Set your first town portal endpoint somewhere.
Walk on to the small button.
Set your second town portal endpoint.
Use the town portal.
The gate stays open, and acts in reverse of the way it's supposed to

This can also be done using levitation.

Walk onto a small button.
Put on boots of levitation.
Fly off.
Remove boots, and watch as the gate stays open.

The levitation thing also works in reverse.  Levitate to a rune trapped
square.  Float down.  Stand on the rune trapped square without triggering
it.

-Philip