[CF-Devel] Python plugin setup

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 5 20:47:36 CDT 2002

Kevin Bulgrien said:

     All I see is "initializing plugins:" which seems to imply that a message

     will follow, but there doesn't seem to be one.  Do this mean the plugin

     didn't load?

I managed to get the python plugin to work but I got it to work with python
1.5 which blew up with the Imperial post scripts (but nicely and with lots
of logging).
My redhat 7.1 (I have had such a crummy time with this version!) is balking
at the python 2.2 srpms so I will have to work on that, but this is how I
did it from the CVS:

./configure --with-includes=-I/usr/include/python1.5 (you'd probably want to
point this to the 2x python - look for Python.h)
then do make whatever
then go into the /crossfire/plugin folder and do make - it should compile,
then make install
when you start up the server you can't miss the message ->loading plugin :
plugin_python.so.0.1

Then you have to deal with any problems in the python scripts too ;)