[CF-Devel] Python plugin setup

Kevin R. Bulgrien kbulgrien at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 5 23:02:44 CDT 2002

On Thursday 05 September 2002 20:47, you wrote:

      Kevin Bulgrien said:

      >All I see is "initializing plugins:" which seems to imply that a message

      >will follow, but there doesn't seem to be one.  Do this mean the plugin

      >didn't load?

      I managed to get the python plugin to work but I got it to work with python

      1.5 which blew up with the Imperial post scripts (but nicely and with lots

      of logging).

      My redhat 7.1 (I have had such a crummy time with this version!) is balking

      at the python 2.2 srpms so I will have to work on that, but this is how I

      did it from the CVS:

      ./configure --with-includes=-I/usr/include/python1.5 (you'd probably want

      to point this to the 2x python - look for Python.h)

      then do make whatever

      then go into the /crossfire/plugin folder and do make - it should compile,

      then make install

      when you start up the server you can't miss the message ->loading plugin :

      plugin_python.so.0.1

      Then you have to deal with any problems in the python scripts too ;)

Ok, this looks better...

Initializing plugins :
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 24597)]
    CFPython Plugin loading.....
PYTHON - Start initCFPython.
[Done]
    Plugin CFPython Plugin 0.1 loaded under the name of Python
Done
PYTHON - Start postinitPlugin.
Plugin Python (0) registered the event 13
Plugin Python (0) registered the event 15
Plugin Python (0) registered the event 18
Plugin Python (0) registered the event 19
Plugin Python (0) registered the event 23
Plugin Python (0) registered the event 24
Plugin Python (0) registered the event 20
Plugin Python (0) registered the event 21
Plugin Python (0) registered the event 22
[Done]
Waiting for connections...

When I upgraded from Mandrake 8.0 to 8.2, python-devel did not get updated,
and in fact, Mandrake does not seem to offer a python-devel package to go
with their other packages.

I downloaded  python2-devel out of the RedHat 7.3 packages since it is
close to the same version.

[

     krb at krayp120

      krb]$ rpm -qa | grep python
python-base-2.2-9mdk
python-numeric-20.3-2mdk
python-docs-2.2-9mdk
libpython2.2-2.2-9mdk
python-2.2-9mdk
rpm-python-4.0.3-10mdk
python2-devel-2.2-16

Ok, now to try it:

You pick up the long sword of Occidental Mages +2.
You unwield SirK's trident of Valriel +5 *.
Readied skill: melee weapons.
You wield long sword of Occidental Mages +2 (wielded).
You turn the handle.
You cut kobold hard.
You turn the handle.
You turn the handle.