[CF-Devel] monsters don't attack / blinding code

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Thu Sep 5 23:48:16 CDT 2002

Andreas Vogl wrote:

      I have noticed that with today's CVS, most monsters

      act like they were unagressive.

  This is now fixed in CVS.  The new code broke it in the sense that the old
code was broken.

  Basically, before, the rangevector/enemy wasn't being properly set up.  This
proved not to be a problem, since the distance value in the rangevector wasn't
being used because of the logic.

  I made soem changes so that this is now properly set up/initalized.  Did some
quick tests, and it appears to work just fine.  Monsters head towards the
player, but not all of them - I went to the mad mages tower, and the ones nearer
to the door would attack me when I first opened it, but the kobolds against the
north wall didn't do anything until I moved closer.

      Besides, when the system is meant to stay as it is,

      I would like to sprinkle some blinding immunities among

      the high level monsters (dragons, big demons etc).

      Does anyone have objections to this?

  I don't, and per my previous message, IMO this is the more correct thing to do.

  Note that the resist values for blinding reduce teh duration of effect.  Thus,
a monster with resist blind 95 is only blinded for 5% the length of time as a
monster with resist_blind 0.

  But certainly some number of monsters should be immune to blinding.