[CF-Devel] Broken doors

pstolarc at theperlguru.com pstolarc at theperlguru.com
Fri Sep 6 09:44:23 CDT 2002

pass_thru type doors don't seem to be working properly.  You attack them
automatically, instead of walking through them.

On my server, running very late CVS, (on win32), I go to the undead church
in Scorn.  Without DM, I can't stand on the doors.  I change to DM, and
dumped the door.

arch door_look_1
<snip>
blocksview 8
pass_thru 16384
end

An object dump on mids server works shows the same thing.
On my server, I tried to patch pass_thru to 1, but it didn't change from
16384.

On stepping through the code, the function blocked_link() in <map.c>
returns that the player was blocked by the door, in the following section
of code:
	if (QUERY_FLAG(tmp,FLAG_NO_PASS) || (QUERY_FLAG(tmp,FLAG_ALIVE) &&
					     tmp->head != ob && tmp != ob))

As I'm in way over my head already, I think this is a good place for me to
stop.  I'm pretty sure that line of code is where the flaw lies, and I'm
pretty sure I've given enough information that it should be obvious, but
I'm too tired to see it.

-Philip