[CF-Devel] Broken doors

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sat Sep 7 01:02:58 CDT 2002

     pstolarc at theperlguru.com

      wrote:

      pass_thru type doors don't seem to be working properly.  You attack them

      automatically, instead of walking through them.

      On my server, running very late CVS, (on win32), I go to the undead church

      in Scorn.  Without DM, I can't stand on the doors.  I change to DM, and

      dumped the door.

  I've fixed this up in CVS.

  In some sense, this is broken on the maps - if they are going to clear
no_pass, they should also clear the alive flag.  Having a special check which
says 'alive but a door doesn't block' is a bit of a hack.  But that is what the
old code did.

  As a note, it is also a little odd at times not knowing if the door actually
blocks you from passing through or not.  I know more than once I've searched on
a door, disarmed out, and then found I could just walk through the opening.

  This bad block of code actually existed for quite a while.  I remember if you
had some pet monsters and wandered into the scorn inn, the pets would get busy
bashing the doors.  This just showed up for players since one of the recent
changes made much more of move code for players and monsters the same (they were
previously mostly the same before, just happened to use different blocked
functions).