[CF-Devel] 09/08 CVS make install badly broken...

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Mon Sep 9 00:35:28 CDT 2002

Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

      "make depend" doesn't work any more.  INSTALL still refers to it.

  I'll update the file.

      "make install" doesn't seem to to a complete job of installing...  bmaps

      causes a problem...

  Do a 'make clean' followed by a re-compile of the code.  The switch between
the old and new make system doesn't seem to catch all the dependencies - it
makes a dependency list as the files are compiled, so if you start from clean
source distribution (or do a make clean), everything will work right in the future.

      "make install" also seemed to have trouble with {prefix}/etc/crossfire, but,

      I can't be sure that I didn't have a manually installed file there in the

      first place.  The first  make install choked.  {prefix}/etc/crossfire was

      not a directory.

  Make sure your CVS is up to date, and re-run config.status - there was a few
files missing in the utils directory - one of those is responsible for making
target directories.