[CF-Devel] Madhatter? (Python plugin automake)

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Sep 18 02:25:50 CDT 2002

Jacek Konieczny wrote:

      On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 09:25:10PM -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:

      Ideally, I'd like to use the AC_CHECK_LIB function.  Unfortunately, after

      the first check for python, configure caches the result, so even if you

     pass different search options for the library check, it won't work.

      Are you sure? My solution (which is included in 1.4.0) works for me

      and I have libpython in the second location tried.

      Maybe this was a problem for some buggy version of autoconf.

      Greets,

      	Jacek

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

  Well, I tried to do something like:

  AC_CHECK_LIB(python2.2, ..., ... )  (search in default location)
  AC_CHECK_LIB(python2.2, ..., -L/usr/lib/python2.2/config) (search in odd location)

  In the configure output, it didn't find the first one, and when it went to try
again, it didn't find that, and said the result was cached.

  Note the example above is simplified - it actually tried numerous versions.

  Now if you are searching for different libraries (different in this case means
python2.1, python2.2, python2.0), it will not treat those as the same since the
name is different.  But if you pass different options to find it, it won't work
right.