[CF-Devel] Madhatter? (Python plugin automake)

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Wed Sep 18 10:33:45 CDT 2002

The problem is more worse.

The damn.informatik server runs in a bigger network. There are several
installed
pythons, in usr/local, /usr and other directories. They range from 1.5 to
2.2.1.

I had directed the python makefile to my local 2.2.1 installation because
all 2.x
in usr/local seems broken to me.

Compile and link was fine and the scripts run fine for the first moment.

The i tried the CFBoard.py script which imported shelves module.

There i had a error in some system python scripts.

Reason was, that the script tried to import the shelves.py module from a
/usr/local/python2.2
installation and not from my local one. This /usr/local python was broken or
2.2.0 or something -
so the script bugged.

I was not able to find the reason why he tried the false directory first. On
my private
linux installation, all worked fine but in the university was to much weird
settings i
had no real control about.

i solved the problem by recompile my private python and changing the version
in configure.in
to 2.p ... then i compiled the server again with looking for python2.p - now
all was ok.

      >   I'm not sure the right approach - I can certainly put the old

      check in,

      but it

      > still leaves it only searching for static libs.

      >   The problem with this check:

      >                          PYTHON_LIB=`echo

      /usr/lib/python*/config/libpython*.a`

      >   Is that if you have multiple instances, it finds them all, which

      probably

      > isn't what you want.

      This is the exact problem I am having.  The detection works fine, but this

      line is double dipping and putting in an entry to the python1.5a

      in front of

      the python2.1a.  It is the python* that looks to me to be the

      problem here.

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com