[CF-Devel] pluralism

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 19 23:06:34 CDT 2002

Sorry about the HTML,  just did a settings sweep of all my mail clients on
different systems to fix that.

anyhow,

I just noticed that many items in the 1.4.0 release are plural in the
singular (like bags of holding, or staves of banishment - even
when only one is present.)

I also noticed the second last post I sent seems to have gotten lost in the
aether - in a nutshell this is what I sent:

I decided to simplify the script I was doing for realestate.  Have a lot
file with entries like this:

1,Scorn,house,100000,vacant

Made a Lots folder in the maps directory and made subfolders like so: lot1,
lot2, lot3...run off a bunch of copies of some standard houses and keeps for
starters but easy for map builders to add new varieties and update the
housing market.  The maps are to be linked to places in the main maps and
manually updated in the lots file.  Needless to say you would have to keep
the lots file and the unique-items folders and any custom maps backed up or
you would get some irate players (WHERE IS MY HOUSE!!!!)
Wrote a script that lets players check a lot (returns location, type, cost
and if vacant or sold), buy a lot (updates the vacant entry with player
name), and sell a lot (updates the lot file, gives back half the price
and -still working on this:-> removes the deed and removes the unique-items
copies of the map so it is available for resale)
Deeds are currently just regular items but would it would probably be best
to make them invisible inventory items. (If only I could get more
information on the script functions...)

How about that?  I guess a trap for the quit command is in order as well.
Thanks for the input - this is simpler and probably easier to build off of
than what I outlined before.  And of course all this only works with the
plugin and Python 2.1 or better.

Still working on this and the templates and if anyone has advice for the
costs (how much for a house, how much to add a basement or a second floor,
how much for a keep... or anything else I've overlooked (not including an in
game editor...) - please let me know.  The whole package is up at

     http://abraxis.sytes.net/maps

      if you want a peek but it's not finished yet
(works as an example however, it's pretty easy to figure out).

Hmmm, I wonder how hard it would be to make a (java applet?) that displayed
a crossfire 'webcam'...?