[CF-Devel] Python again

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Fri Sep 27 01:31:23 CDT 2002

Todd Mitchell wrote:

      The CreateInvisibleInside() python plugin function does not seem to be

      getting built in the plugin although the code is there.

  You may want to try calling the function name (python)
CreateInvisibleObjectInside.  I have no idea why there is a mismatch (the
function it calls is CFCreateInvisibleInside).

  I found this out by looking in plugin/include/plugin_python.h in the server
source distribution.

  Hopefully, that works out for you.

  Looking at the code, it creates a permanent force object that has the slaying
set to the passed string.

  If this doesn't work, I'll address some of the other issues.  My guess is that
the 'setinvisible' doesn't work because the code never assumed something like
that would happen (eg, and object would become invisible after being picked up).
  My guess is that if you logged out with that character and then logged back
in, you wouldn't see the object anymore - its just that changing the status
doesn't result in it from disappearing from the players visible inventory.