[CF-Devel] Python again

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 26 00:23:56 CDT 2002

The CreateInvisibleInside() python plugin function does not seem to be
getting built in the plugin although the code is there.  Whenever I try
to use this function I get the module has no attribute error.  I have
tried using SetInvisible which kinda works, but only when the object is
dropped out of player inventory (where I am creating it initially with
CreateObjectInside).  All the functions I have tried out seem to work
except this one (although I have by no means tried them all out).  Since
I don't want the object to be seen (except by the inventory checkers and
the remove function in the script) just to simplify this housing thing
for the moment.  I suppose I will try using a force or something instead
of a key (although I did like the key - any ideas on making it non
pickable but visible in the inventory?)

I looked for the old Guile plugin functions documentation since the
python functions are supposed to cover them off and there is scant
documentation for the python  - but I could not find any.
Other than this I am pretty impressed by it in general. it is pretty
easy to figure out large parts of it (when you can pull apart someone
else's code (thanks Joris).  Good stuff  I rank it up there with the
Java editor for extreme usefulness to content development.