[CF List] strange comportments with large creature summoning

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Sep 3 23:09:23 CDT 2002

Olivier HUET wrote:

      For this  second problem, reading your drawing and descriptions, I think

      it's perhaps more logic to keep the push system you write.

      But the lack of swapping can sometime really block, with, for example,  this

      map :

      (P is the player, G is the ground and W is the Wivern)

      ---------

      |PWW|

      |GWW|

      ------|G|

      (It can apear, for example, where there is stairs under P)

      You would like to go to the exit on the bottom-right, and the wyvern is

      blocking you...

      In this case, swapping would work fine, but if the ground on the bottom-left

      where a wall, you where really blocked.

  There are certainly many cases where swapping would work with big monsters -
especially monsters that are 1x2 or 2x1.  It's just doing the necessary checking
for such cases would get quite tricky.

      What do you think of a command, a spell, a saying, a skill or something else

      to "Banish" your pets :

       --> so when you don't need anymore a pet, you could get out of it.

       --> so when a pet is blocking your way, you could get out of it too.

      Yes I know you can kill it, but it's perhaps not really a good idea to be

      forced to kill a pet when it has well helped you and you don'need it

      anymore...

  I'm presuming when you banish your creature, it just disappears?

  I see no reason not to add such a command - it would be easy enough to do -
especially if a banish got rid of all your pets.  It could also be useful when
your gone from the dungeon and are back in town - may not need your pets
anymore, but having them dance around you can be annoying.