[CF List] strange comportments with large creature summoning

Olivier HUET huet.o at free.fr
Sat Sep 14 19:08:18 CDT 2002

----- Message d'origine -----
De : "Raphaël Quinet" <

     quinet at gamers.org

À : <

     crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com

Envoyé : mardi 10 septembre 2002 11:34
Objet : Re: [CF List] strange comportments with large creature summoning

      I just thought about another way to solve this problem: instead of

      forcing the player to banish the pets when they are blocking the way

      and they cannot be pushed, why couldn't they disappear for a while?

I think it would be problematic too : see this case :
P is the player
M is monsters
W is a pet

PWWMMMM
  WWMMMM

And now, imagine you accidentaly press the right key : your pet will
disapear, and perhaps reapear few second after....
Generaly, pets are usefull to protect you, so in this case, it's better that
the pet stay here to continue protecting you.

And the other solution have a great advantage : the new command killpets is
very usefull elsewhere !
Pets are generaly usefull only for a while : when monsters are hard or
specials.
After, they sometimes do something you don't want, so at this time, it's
great to be able to kill them.

--
Olivier.