[CF-Devel] Map lore redux

Sat Apr 26 03:59:48 CDT 2003

I like the lore thing.

If I may suggest something:
Since these lores are going to appear in books and maybe
other places, it might be beneficial to specify
which lore relates to which place and is relevant to which
player level.

I would suggest a syntax like this:
(The messages don't really fit together, it's just an example)

  lore
    @level 1:
      Orcs are small greenish monsters.
    @level 40, lake_country:
      Deep underground the mountains of lake country
      dwells a terrible wyrm of chaos.
    @level 3, scorn:
      Rumors tell there is a secret passage to port joseph
      from the prison of scorn. Maybe it's just a drunkard's
      story...
  endlore

In this way, there could be libraries for example which have
books containing information only relevant to players of
levels 1-15.
A library in lake country could have information about
the surrounding areas, but not about pupland for instance.

This could help improving the well-known problem about
players who don't find suitable maps to play.

About map lores: I would put them into the map header.
That way, it is clear where to find it and we don't need
to have exceptional cases in the object parser.
But that's just my opinion.

Andreas

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more