[CF-Devel] Materials (was FW: DIAMONDS)

Tue Apr 29 00:58:58 CDT 2003

At 12:20 AM 4/29/03, you wrote:

     Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

     Alchemy at least requires that you find ingredients, but even then,

     I don't like (and don't use) what I hear is the ability to turn

     any pile of treasure into gold.  I think that is severely bogus.

     I'd rather see people abuse the titan's tower to get rich than

     to abuse the newbie tower because I can change worthless things

     into more valuable items.

      the current implementation of alchemy doesn't let you make it more valuable. All alchemy really does is convert something heavy into a more convenient carrying form (gold nuggets).  In fact, you'll get more money from not using alchemy - the alchemy is lossy - some items will be destroyed and not converted to gold.

That is good to know.

I still think it is kind of bogus to condense things directly into
gold when spells and scrolls like town portal and word of recall
and  bargaining can be used to make "work" for the conversion a
bit easier.  I'm not arguing to take that out, but I do think
that behavior encompasses my idea about how any transmutation
implementation should be done, if it is done at all. (And I've
not seen the arguments that convince me it should be done.)

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com