[CF-Devel] Materials (was FW: DIAMONDS)

Tue Apr 29 00:20:58 CDT 2003

Kevin R. Bulgrien wrote:

      Alchemy at least requires that you find ingredients, but even then,

      I don't like (and don't use) what I hear is the ability to turn

      any pile of treasure into gold.  I think that is severely bogus.

      I'd rather see people abuse the titan's tower to get rich than

      to abuse the newbie tower because I can change worthless things

      into more valuable items.

  the current implementation of alchemy doesn't let you make it more valuable.
All alchemy really does is convert something heavy into a more convenient
carrying form (gold nuggets).  In fact, you'll get more money from not using
alchemy - the alchemy is lossy - some items will be destroyed and not converted
to gold.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com