[CF-Devel] More Lore

Wed Apr 30 19:50:28 CDT 2003

     ...You know the more I think about it (and I didn't plan on writing this

     till just now...), a maplore arch with only a name and a lore field wouldn't

     be that bad, it wouldn't require any changes to server or editor at all (add

     a lore field to a marker perhaps?--what the heck is the marker for anyway)

     would work in both map editors by default, and they would show up in the map

     editor as a big bright letter L icons just waiting to be clicked on  by map

     makers much like the creators or no_magic arches or other system arches

     do...  It would automatically add lore to the maps in a usable format and

     use the same collection routines as the arch lore, and It wouldn't be any

     more of a hassle than managing a handful of connectors really...

     arch

     Object

     face maplore.111

     name

     lore

     endlore

     invisible 1

     no_pick 1

     end

     Jeez, the marker arch was the wrong arch to pick as an example wasn't it?
Ok, how hard would it be to make a attribute page for an invisible arch
with a name field, and a lore tab for the java editor (yes I forgot
you'd still have to add the lore field to most of the attribute forms in
the java editor Andreas, hopefully that is pretty simple - same as mesg
field right?).
I think this will work pretty good, it's still easier than any other way
I can think of since all the mechanisms are there to make it work
already (except for a pretty attribute page to fill in the lore in the
java editor, but you can still enter it ).
I'll even include a screen shot.
Every thing else can be managed inside the lore field anyway.