[CF List] What to do after Beginner phase?

crossfire-list-admin at archives.real-time.com crossfire-list-admin at archives.real-time.com
Fri Apr 18 23:41:12 CDT 2003

Rick Tanner <

     leaf at real-time.com

     > writes:

      <Suggestions for a 6-8 level summoner>

      Are you trying to gain experience (levels) in magic or physique?

Both, I suppose.  I've been advancing pretty evenly in magic and
physique so far, with wisdom a level or two behind.

      If it's magic experience - the golem spells is what you want.  Such

      as summon golem, summon air/earth/fire/water elemental, summon pet

      monster, etc.  Use them to do all your fighting for you.  With the

      spell (or helm of) xray, you can safely hide on the other side of

      the wall and use the shift-<direction> keys to send your summoned

      monster all over the map (within viewing site, of course..)

Hmm, good idea.  I'll have to run down that spell.  I've been using
the 'summon water elemental' spell quite a bit.

      Great maps for using the golem spells are:

      High Tower in Wolfsburg (top level)

      Twin Towers in Wolfsburg

I got 3/4 through this one, but the top level was just too tough.

      Something else you could do is a hybrid warrior/mage. A balance

      between protective armour and + Spell Point regneration gear.

That's sort of what I'm trying to do.  I managed to find a Robe +4, so
I've got my AC pretty low without hurting my speed too much.

Thanks for all the good suggestions.

--
Aaron

     abaugher at esc.pike.il.us