[CF List] Crossfire Polls

crossfire-list-admin at archives.real-time.com crossfire-list-admin at archives.real-time.com
Sat Apr 19 11:10:04 CDT 2003

There are a bunch of Polls on the official Crossfire website.  They have
been around for a while so I thought I would give a rundown on the results
so far.  I only looked at the polls with more than 20 votes and which
weren't totally stupid* (just a bit stupid was ok however).

I couldn't resist adding in witty and not so witty commentary.

***************************
What are you most interested in seeing more of in Crossfire?
***************************
New spells         26.87 % (18)
New skills         28.36 % (19)
New races        13.43 % (9)
New monsters     11.94 % (8)
New potions     1.49 % (1)
New weapons     5.97 % (4)
New foods         2.99 % (2)
New armour     4.48 % (3)
New rings         2.99 % (2)
New amulets     1.49 % (1)

Total votes: 67

--well this is clear enough, people want to see new skills and spells.  Is
this an indication of the desire for character development, or is it a
reflection of everyone who voted being level 110 and having infinite wealth?

***************************
If you had the unpleasant task of dropping one player race from Crossfire,
which one would it be?
***************************
Dwarf      2.44 % (1)
Dragon      0.00 % (0)
Elf          0.00 % (0)
Fireborn     7.32 % (3)
Gnome      2.44 % (1)
Half-Orc     14.63 % (6)
Halfling     7.32 % (3)
Human      4.88 % (2)
Northman     21.95 % (9)
Quetzalcoatl     24.39 % (10)
Troll          7.32 % (3)
Wraith      7.32 % (3)

Total votes: 41

-- People don't like the Q... Is it because the dragon is so much better?
The Northman and the Half-orc are also unpopular, probably because of the
simularity to the human.  Of course every one likes an elf and dragons are
truly different which can account for their popularity (or perhaps I
shouldn't imply votes against as votes for)  Now what is really surprising
is that there were two votes to ditch humans...good old standard baseline
humans.

***************************
If a character class in Crossfire was to be removed, which would you choose?
***************************
Alchemist 2.63 % (1)
Barbarian 5.26 % (2)
Devotee  10.53 % (4)
Evoker  5.26 % (2)
Monk  2.63 % (1)
Ninja  23.68 % (9)
Paladin  0.00 % (0)
Priest  0.00 % (0)
Sorcerer 0.00 % (0)
Summoner 5.26 % (2)
Swashbuckler 34.21 % (13)
Thief  5.26 % (2)
Warlock  5.26 % (2)
Warrior  0.00 % (0)
Wizard  0.00 % (0)

Total votes: 38

-Oooh the Swashbuckler takes it on the chin.  Did he sleep with *everyone's*
daughter or what?

***************************
Boy, I like Crossfire. My favorite part of the game is:
***************************
Killin' things      8.33 % (4)
Solving the quests     33.33 % (16)
Knocking around town meeting people, goofing off 4.17 % (2)
Collecting neat and powerful items   22.92 % (11)
Fighting other players     2.08 % (1)
Building a unique character    29.17 % (14)

Total votes: 48

--Player vs Player isn't very popular despite the effort given to
accommodate this (arenas and proposed deathmatches and such).

 ***************************
Which class do you like to play the most?
***************************
Alchemist 2.94 % (1)
Barbarian 2.94 % (1)
Devotee  0.00 % (0)
Evoker  0.00 % (0)
Monk  11.76 % (4)
Ninja  2.94 % (1)
Paladin  8.82 % (3)
Priest  5.88 % (2)
Sorcerer 5.88 % (2)
Summoner 2.94 % (1)
Swashbuckler 0.00 % (0)
Thief  0.00 % (0)
Warlock2 0.59 % (7)
Warrior  14.71 % (5)
Wizard  20.59 % (7)

Total votes: 34

-Wizards and Warlocks and Warriors.  Surprising that the Thief did so poorly
considering he is one of the Big Four in the genre.  Maybe those new skills
will shake this up a bit.

***************************
What is your favorite Crossfire player race?
***************************
Dwarf  5.88 % (2)
Dragon  20.59 % (7)
Elf  11.76 % (4)
Fireborn 14.71 % (5)
Gnome  0.00 % (0)
Half-Orc 0.00 % (0)
Halfling 2.94 % (1)
Human  23.53 % (8)
Northman 14.71 % (5)
Quetzalcoatl 5.88 % (2)
Troll  0.00 % (0)
Wraith  0.00 % (0)

Total votes: 34

--Humans beat out the dragons and the northmen are more popular than the
elves?   I wonder what this says about how people voted in the previous poll
about dropping a race?

***************************
Which Crossfire cult do you find most fun to worship?
***************************
Gnarg  3.03 % (1)
Lythander 3.03 % (1)
Mostrai  36.36 % (12)
Gaea  15.15 % (5)
Devourers 12.12 % (4)
Ruggilli 0.00 % (0)
Gorokh  3.03 % (1)
Valriel  15.15 % (5)
Sorig  12.12 % (4)

Total votes: 33

--Mostrai wins by a landslide.  I hope that the faithful were not stuffing
the ballot box here.

***************************
Which Crossfire cult is your least favorite?
***************************
Gnarg  20.00 % (4)
Lythander 5.00 % (1)
Mostrai  0.00 % (0)
Gaea  20.00 % (4)
Devourers 10.00 % (2)
Ruggilli 10.00 % (2)
Gorokh  5.00 % (1)
Valriel  10.00 % (2)
Sorg  20.00 % (4)

Total votes: 20

--The next question I guess is why.

***************************
If Crossfire was a desert item, which desert item would it be?
***************************
Jello   10.71 % (3)
Ice Cream  25.00 % (7)
A Nice Cakey Treat 17.86 % (5)
A Slice of Pie  14.29 % (4)
Jam Tart  10.71 % (3)
Ichor   21.43 % (6)

Total votes: 28

- Is it safe to say Crossfire is like an Ichor flavoured Ice Cream?

***************************
Do you like maps that have darkness set?
***************************
I like the darkness, it is spooky.   66.67 % (18)
I turn darkness off in the client - it's a pain. 33.33 % (9)

Total votes: 27

- Pretty much what you'd expect.

***************************
How would you like to see all characters represented?
***************************
The race (troll, elf, dwarf, etc.)   22.73 % (5)
The class (wizard, thief, ninja, etc.)   13.64 % (3)
I think you should to be able to pick either one. 63.64 % (14)

Total votes: 22

--People want to pick out their character face.

***************************
Is a Crossfire client for Windows important?
***************************
Yes!    74.36 % (29)
Yes, but I'm not sweating it. 17.95 % (7)
I don't care really  0.00 % (0)
No    2.56 % (1)
Burn in hell!   5.13 % (2)

Total votes: 39

--Silly question I guess.  I am surprised there isn't more I don't care
really votes.

***************************
Is a Crossfire client for MacOS important?
***************************
Yes!    54.17 % (13)
Yes, but I'm not sweating it. 16.67 % (4)
I don't care really.  20.83 % (5)
No.    4.17 % (1)
Who's this Mac fellow?  4.17 % (1)

Total votes: 24

--Again, not surprising.   I am sure that people would vote for a Amiga
version of Crossfire as well.

***************************
Should characters start with max HP/SP/Grace at first level?
***************************
Yes 72.73 % (24)
No 27.27 % (9)

Total votes: 33

- Looks like a popular idea.

Well that's it for now.  I am sure there will now be a flood of voting as
people try to sway opinion.  Thanks to Rick Tanner for putting up the polls
in the first place.

* before you gasp in shock at my rudeness - I wrote the totally stupid ones
and somehow tricked Rick into putting them up.

     crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com