[CF-Devel] Some (dumb?) alchemy questions

Sat Aug 2 11:42:27 CDT 2003

Le Vendredi 1 Août 2003 16:25, Nicolas Weeger a écrit :

      I'm wondering about alchemy formulea with a chance of 0 : are there in

      some maps?

Why should the formulae be available in some map?
The fact of having undisclosed formulaes could force player to
try their own formulaes, testing their luck.
I think there has been some discussion on
mailing list about 'random' formulaes.
Could be time to think again about them

      I mean, if the formulea doesn't appear in any book, then it must be

      written (as what ingredients you should put) somewhere...

      Are all formuleas with 0 at the end of some quest? I think the fire one

      is, but i'm not even sure the actual ingredients are given...

      (maybe that's more a map-devel question, btw)

      Also I think something is weird:

      **** WARNING ****

      Alchemy spoiler after that

       From the formulea file:

      # -- fire immune

      # (quest: peterm/FireTemple)

      Object NONE

      arch potion_cold      <---------------

      chance 0

      diff 50

      exp 500000

      yield 10

      skill alchemy

      cauldron cauldron

      ingred fire para-elemental's residue,3 balm of asbestos,dragon's steak,7

      water of ruby

      keycode fire alchemist

      #

      Now unless it's some trick to make the archetypes harder to understand,

      it seems to me that potion_cold is a cold resistance potion... No?

      Nicolas 'Ryo'

invetigating

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com