[CF-Devel] two new small additions

Sun Aug 3 12:55:33 CDT 2003

I would like to do two minor changes:

1: Add a new player flag called FLAG_OUTLAW which can be set when
players kill other players(but only players who do not have this flag
set), when stealing attempts against other players fail or by the DM
(toggle_outlaw command...).
This flag can be used as a way to block certain players from certain
areas, and if a player has been set as an outlaw it will appear on the
who command.  I am sure there are other things it could be used for as
well.

This flag will reset when you die or when it is toggled by a DM.

For more background on this see these threads on the Crossfire fourm:

     http://www.metalforge.net/cfmb/viewtopic.php?t=132

     http://www.metalforge.net/cfmb/viewtopic.php?t=133

2: Re-work the quit command.  The quit command is not very user friendly
to new users and I am sure has cost many a fine character to be lost.  I
would like to make a new quit command to close the socket to the server
and have another command (kill_me, retire, quit_character.. or
something) to rename/replace the existing quit command.  I would also
want to modify the GTK client to make the warning for quitting a
character stronger in the popup dialogue.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com