[CF-Devel] Ideas for interplayer competition

Tue Aug 5 04:52:10 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 11:41:03PM -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:

      pointless.  Ok, I go to bed for the night, but leave my character in his

      apartment atop a huge pile of food (plus, make sure he has the sustenance ring

      on).  What does that really prove, other than I have a connectin I can leave on

      all the time.

One could stop counting after a while if you stop doing things
(moving to new maps, killing monsters etc). I've seen other games where
other people have to "tell/talk" to you for the time to count. All of
that is of course easy to go around with the right bot, but servers can
(and should) have rules about bots.

      > 3)  Score stat.  Unlike the current system, where score is your exp, a new

      > score stat will be developed.  You gain score points by doing specific things.

I would rather see nethack:ish score, where the score is counted from
your xp, your stats and the things you have. That way all my coins in
the appartment would have some use... ;-)

/Sebastian

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com