[CF-Devel] Proposal: jobs

Tue Aug 5 15:02:54 CDT 2003

Le Mercredi 06 Août 2003 07:18, Todd Mitchell a écrit :

      I do think that it is worth working on just to improve the

      options/capabilities for mapmakers making quests...  This is a often

      requested feature actually - a quest system.  I really like the idea of the

      Job/quest object - although I think it would be something that would be

      part of a map set (a .qst file?) being that it would have to be map

      dependent.  I really enjoy stressing that the arches and the maps and the

      server packages should operate as modularly as possible.  I realize this

      complicates things a bit - but with two map sets and the possibility of

      custom mapsets, these mini quests should go with the maps rather than the

      arches.  If you consider the lore field in the map header as requiring some

      sort of 'load process' to generate book content from the maps - perhaps

      this could be extended to read in these 'jobs' as well.

Err, just a question, what is the lore field supposed to contain when you make
a map (i leave them empty for now)

<snip>

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com