[CF-Devel] two new small additions

Wed Aug 6 21:39:47 CDT 2003

      On 06-Aug-03 Todd Mitchell wrote:

      > Killer is just a char field that stores the name of your killer - maybe

      > I can whip up a forgive command by looking up the name in killer but if

      > you are killed by a giant before you can forgive your friend then he

      > would be out of luck.

      Why not add another field to the object structure, and record the name of

     the

      player you last killed, rather than relying on the killer field?

If it is in object structure wouldn't that be overkill?
Well I wasn't eager to add a new field to player structure just for this,
and you can use the get player by name routine (is how the DM command for
this works.) I don't mind having the limit actaully - if you get killed
before you can forgive someone then they are SOL. Remember they have to
either steal or have peaceful off to get flagged anyway so I don't think it
is worth having/maintaining another field in object or player.  Now if there
were other reasons to add the field (are you thinking of anything?) then
that would be different.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com