[CF-Devel] multistage map

Fri Aug 8 01:12:52 CDT 2003

tchize wrote:

      Still need to code the fact a player can fall from the roof if not flying.

  Right, likewise if someone throws an object on the roof, it should end up on
the lowest layer.

  But you're sure to get other issues, eg, in your example, the player on the
roof wants to fire down on the player on the ground (bow, spell, whatever).

      With this system we could create a bridge crossing another road. Players on

      the brige can easily cross people below since, technically, for the server

      the 'roof' and the ground are 2 different map (they just stack at visible

      part). Am convinced all this could give a bit of reality or even help create

      real 3D maze in maps quest since you will see exist but need to get up to

      reach :)

  But I'd guess to do a maze with under/over crossings, you'd basically need to
maps, with exits all over the place leading to each other.  Certainly better
than what you have now, but still not really simple to do.

  I'd be a bit curious on the implementation - is it simply a 'if no objects on
this map, look at the map below', or is it more clever with respect to looking
at the actual objects on the top layer to see if any are the floor, then the map
below, etc?

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com