[CF-Devel] multistage map

Fri Aug 8 08:58:20 CDT 2003

     For now, still fix the multistage and make it work well. But really need

     some

     GFXer to draw the cuttable wall.

I get the hint - shut up and draw me some pictures...
Anyway I get the idea that the best way to do this would be using wall
graphics that are taller than 32px would make this easier since single level
walls would show the wall top while stacked walls would truncate the tops
and continue on up.  As a bonus you would have a little 3d effect when
standing behind a wall (it would cover your knees sort of thing).  I don't
think this something that is going to happen quickly and it's not something
that should be slapped into place. I'm still adding smoothing graphics from
your last big project - let alone walls, but I will play with it a bit.  In
the meantime what about object height?  Will a demon lord's head be 5 floors
up?  This change you propose is a larger change than some might suspect I
suspect - and waht about if you drop onto some floor type that currently
blocked - like water?  You do need to consider blocking while you are at it
you know...  lots of smoke and mirrors to work out.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com