[CF-Devel] gimp and java editor

Thu Aug 14 01:37:45 CDT 2003

Todd Mitchell wrote:

     Here is something I don't understand but which I find incredibly

     annoying...

     When using Gimp (with gnome2 anyway) there are previews files created in

     each directory you have worked on images called .xvpics.  That's all

     fine and good (although it seems to represent an annoying trend) but my

     problem is that these previews seem to interfere with the CFJavaEditor

     (using Java 1.4jre - blackdown on Debian and Sun's on redhat).  If there

     is a picture with one of these previews in the arch folder I am using to

     feed the CFJavaEditor(I always open it and have it do a fresh collect),

     that image will not show up with the associated arch.  Just an empty

     image as if there is no image file.  I have to make sure I delete all

     the .xvpic folders all the time - very annoying.  It seems strange this

     happens, anyone care to venture why it does?

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     $ find . -type d -name ".xvpics" | xargs rm -rf

--
Look ma, no threads[1].
[1] BitTorrent in C is

     http://www.sf.net/projects/libbt