[CF-Devel] Stealing Idea + simple patch

Sun Aug 24 11:52:46 CDT 2003

I'm suprised I havent got any responses to my last post,  good or bad.

Anyway I am continueing to implement shop stealing.  Here is how I'm trying to
do it.

I created a new archetype called shopsteal.  It has a lot in common with an
exit except It is always at (0,0) on the map of a shop that allows stealing.
Also it should be under the floor if possible.

When a thief attempts to steal from a store, (0,0) is check for the shop steal
arch.  The shop steal speed on the shopsteal item is a multiplier on the
difficulty of the store. It also affects experience for the store.  The Wis
of the shop steal also affects difficulty, but usualy starts at zero, and is
incremented every time the shop is stolen from.

On steal success, an items unpaid flag is unset, and moved into users
inventory.  The wis of the shopsteal is incremented by one.

On failure, the shopsteal item at 0,0 is used as an exit to place the player
outside the shop floor (anymap you want to put them on).  Also the shopsteals
can be stacked.  The bottom items wis and speed still affects difficulty.  We
will call the bottom one the main shopsteal. The shopsteals above provide
greater punishments only.  For instance for a level 1-10, the first original
shopsteal is used as the exit, for 11-20 the shopsteal on top of that one is
used as a destination, and so on for each 10 levels.  So if their are two
shop steals, then there are two levels of punishment.  Value of the stolen
item is used as a modifier to the level).  So be carefull what you steal :)

The only thing I have left to do is lock a player out of that store for a
period of time.  I am thinking of adding a force to the player character when
a steal attempt fails.  Then shop matts will check for the force against the
main shopsteal.  The slaying on the force would be the name of the main
shopsteal.  Thus shops can lock you out individualy, or some towns can lock
you out of every store.  Period of time yet to be dertermined.

Also since I'm not using cvs.  I'm trying this against 1.5.0  How do I use
diff to create a proper patch file?  I hope to submit the patch later today
or monday.

Sorry again for the long windedness!!!
Adam