[CF-Devel] Stealing Idea + simple patch

Sun Aug 24 12:41:59 CDT 2003

<crossfire forum crosspost>

I really would rather see some improvements to shops before something
like this was implemented. I think that garbled was once working on
levels for shops and I once had an idea for further modifying shops
prices based on player forces in inventory (part of a citizenship and
guild thing). This would allow shoplifting to check item value, shop
level and player force - and if you get caught to ban you from the
store.
I think it has merit but is a real abuse magnet if not done carefully.

I don't think the thief stealing skill is very interesting/useful at
this

      point.  I was thinking it would be more interesting if the skill could be

      used in shops.

      This would work by unsetting the unpaid flag, and putting it in the thiefs

      inventory.  The price of the item would determine the difficulty of theft.

      Theft failure should result in some type of punishment based on the price of

      the item and maybe the reputation of the thief.

      I'm included a patch to implement the stealing part of the above.  I'm still

      trying to determine the best way to implement the punishments....

I am of a mind to wait for the new skill code before even looking at this...

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com