[CF-Devel] Fun feature to do, maybe difficult...

Wed Aug 27 02:15:25 CDT 2003

Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Hi.

      Here's an idea i had for a nifty feature: prevent some specific spells

      on maps.

      This gives some nice ideas of maps.

      For instance, a map where you could NOT use word of recall or town

      portal... No way to escape except complete it!

      Or a map where you couldn't use any cone spell, and so on...

      Of course this would be bad for wizards and not specially for fighters....

      This may be pretty hard to do, though, or not be interesting :-)

  It would be very hard to do (depending on what level of granularity you want).

  I also don't see much point.

  I personally find it distasteful when games try to overly limit what the
player can do.  Hey, I'm a wizard, let me use the spells I have available.

  I personally thing too many maps already use no magic spaces in an effort to
make things harder.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com