[CF-Devel] Bug: dragon claws attack

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Dec 3 02:18:37 CST 2003

On 03-Dec-03 Bernd Edler wrote:

      This is because the function attack_message in server/attack.c does

      not consider attack-types if one uses clawing,punching or karate.

      This is IMO wrong.

      If e.g. punching while possessed with Sorig, I ought to get "electricity"

      messages

When I designed the attack_message stuff, my primary goal was eye candy.  To
that end, I usually picked the attack type that would yeild the most
interesting damage messages (ie, in the order I judged had the coolest
messages).

It also does a fallback, so if you were to attack with fire and cold, and the
monster was immune to cold, you would get the fire message, even if "cold" was
a "more interesting" message.

Now, if the monsters are immune to physical, and you get karate messages rather
than fire ones, thats probably not ideal.  As for your sorig example.. it's
mostly a matter of asthetics for that.  The way I did the clawing and karate
was a bit of a hack, because they are both physical damage.  It could probably
be fiddled with.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net