[CF-Devel] Bug: dragon claws attack

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Wed Dec 3 01:19:26 CST 2003

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Nicolas Weeger wrote:

      Just noticed, dragon don't have anymore fire/electric/cold/poison

      claws...

I can confirm this bug:

server/player.c line 3134:
    else if (item->type == SKILL) {
        if (item->subtype == SK_CLAWING &&
           (skop=find_skill_by_name(who,item->skill))!=NULL)

The server expects type == 42(skill) and subtype == 31(clawing).

But the type for elemental claws in the arch is set to 74(skill tool)
and no subtype.

Thus it can be fixed by either changing the code or the arch.

I changed the arches and tested it against a monster made immune to
physical damage.

Although I can kill it now (ergo: I did get the elem. dam.),
I still do not get "melting","chilling" messages.
This is because the function attack_message in server/attack.c does
not consider attack-types if one uses clawing,punching or karate.
This is IMO wrong.
If e.g. punching while possessed with Sorig, I ought to get "electricity"
messages.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com