[CF-Devel] New fast map-rendering scripts

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Dec 6 19:17:25 CST 2003

Hi all,

Based on previous feedback, I've created a new script that processes
crossfire.0 (or crossfire.1, although that set is not complete enough and
may result in large "holes") to create a color map for each face in the
game. This color map can then be used with the fastmap.pl script (also
updated to add support for this feature) so that it produces a bigworld
map based on actual image colors.

There are still a few issues surrounding transparency, etc. (rivers show
up black because they are the first object on the square, and ImageMagick
converts its transparent pixels into black). However, I thought I'd post
the scripts now so people could play with it first.

Quick-n-dirty usage outline:
	makecmap.pl crossfire/lib/crossfire.0 colormap.0
	fastmap.pl --colormap=colormap.0 --outfile=world.png ...

As usual, --help will give detailed option descriptions in both scripts.

"A man's wife has more power over him than the state has." -- Ralph Emerson