[CF-Devel] Compilation problems

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Dec 7 07:27:14 CST 2003

Hey ho.

Sorry if this is the wrong list.  I posted this question to the
crossfire-list, but I received no answers at all.  In fact, I've seen
no activity on that list for a little while.  Let me know to bugger
off if this is the wrong place.

I want to install crossfire on my Slackware 9.1 machine.  When I
compile, I see two errors, the second of which is fatal.

     root at phiwumbda

     :/usr/src/games/crossfire-client-1.0.0# make depend
g -O2 -DALSA_SOUND -DNEW_SOUND -DBINDIR='"/usr/local/bin/"' -Wall   -I.   -- client.c commands.c init.c item.c metaserver.c misc.c newsocket.c player.c sound.c x11.c cfsndserv.c misc.c
make: g: Command not found
make: [depend] Error 127 (ignored)

This error evidently occurs because of the line "DEPEND=" (DEPEND is
set to the null string).

I have ignored this error and tried to make anyway.  Here's the
result.

     root at phiwumbda

     :/usr/src/games/crossfire-client-1.0.0# make
gcc -o gcfclient client.o commands.o init.o item.o metaserver.o misc.o newsocket.o player.o sound.o gx11.o  -lm  -lXpm  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm
client.o(.text+0x118): In function `DoClient':
/usr/src/games/crossfire-client-1.0.0/client.c:95: undefined reference to `errno'
gx11.o(.text+0x1f7): In function `do_network':
/usr/src/games/crossfire-client-1.0.0/gx11.c:513: undefined reference to `errno'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gcfclient] Error 1

Note that I have no PNG support, despite the fact that this is a new
distribution with a recent libpng installed (leastways, I think it's
recent).

Installing the RPMs just give me segmentation faults, so I think
building from source is the way to go.  But, now what?

Thanks.

--
"We want a single platform.  We're trying to get there using the
carrot, or blackmail, or rewards, or whatever you call it."

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com