[CF-Devel] GTK+ 1.6.0 CVS - memory leak

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sat Dec 13 15:02:16 CST 2003

Greetings Coders,

So, my first message to the list is about the memory leak I am having
with the 1.6.0 GTK+ client from CVS. It has been suggested to me
off-list that the problem is probably library related. It was also
suggested that this *might* have been discussed on the list recently.

Unfortunately I can't find that discussion in the archives for
crossfire-devel going back three months, unless it is this one:

     http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/crossfire-devel/2003-September/005110.html

- which doesn't help me very much.

If I overlooked the discussion in the archives my apologies and
please e-mail the URL for that if any of you know it. If there is a
search engine for the archives, other than Google, please let me know
that as well (although Google seems to pull up what I was seeking on
the archives.real-time.com site minus the information I need).

Otherwise if some kind soul(s) would please offer assistance I would
be eternally grateful. :-) Perhaps a suggestion of which libraries
and versions of same I *should* be using would help. Someone with a
successful, non-memory-leaking, GTK+ 1.6.0 CVS client build on Linux
should be using the libraries about which I need to know.

My OS is Mandrake 9.1 Linux which is fully patched with the latest
"urpmi" updates.

BTW, thank you Leaf for helping me get subscribed to the list. Sorry
the automated sign-up didn't like my e-mail address. :-)

TIA,
Gene
--
Linux era4.eracc.UUCP 2.4.21-0.25mdk i686
 15:00:32 up 42 days,  3:33, 10 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.05, 0.01

     http://www.eracc.com/

eCS, OS/2, Mandrake GNU/Linux, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com