[CF-Devel] Artifact & subtype question (to know how to fix broken build patch...)

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Sun Dec 14 02:45:52 CST 2003

       Yes, that would be bad.

       Perhaps I wasn't clear.

     <snip>

       Suppose down the road, I wand to do something like:

      type 34

      subtype 3

       To say 'if object type is 34, and subtype is 3, make this an artifact'.

     <snip>

       And I certainly see the potential need for subtype to act as a match

      operator in the future.

Ok, didn't think of subtype matching. Fair enough, i'll reimplement differently :)

       IMO, that is preferable.  I personally don't like the artifacts file

      that much, so anything that can easily be done as an archetype instead

      of an object is preferable in my mind.

Ok, i'll remake my stuff using artifacts.

Nicolas 'Ryo'

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com