[CF-Devel] Dragon claws & attack types

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Fri Dec 26 18:42:37 CST 2003

  Perhaps that is what I found oddest about the multiple attacktypes - that you
can get fire and cold at the same time.

  AV is right about attacktypes - when using multiple attacktypes, the one that
does the most damage is the one that is used.  Thus, if a weapon had 4 attack
types, dam 10, and was used against a creature with new protection/immunities,
it still just does 10 points of damage, and not 40.

  Effect attacktypes (confusion, slow, paralyze, etc) do go in addition to the
damage - thus, you could have something with 4 effect attacktypes, and all of
them effect the target (it may not mean a lot, eg, confusion, slow, and fear
don't mean diddly if the target was also hit with paralyze).

  There has been a past discussion (and currently mentioned in the todo list) is
to split out attacktypes, each with their own damage value.  Thus, you could
have something like:

dam_fire 8
dam_physical 4
dam_cold 1
dam_poison 12

  for a dragon.  If that was done, then presumably the dragon code would need to
get changed, such as levels are gained, the damage in the attacktype you are
currently focused to increases.

  I suppose if we really cared about contradictory attacktypes, we should have a
table or something about those that don't go together (fire/cold, no real other
ones right now).

  Then variosu bits of code could do sanity checking (eg, blessing weapons don't
give contradictory attacktype, etc).

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com