[CF-Devel] Summoning bug: can't level up

crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com crossfire-devel at archives.real-time.com
Tue Dec 30 17:08:30 CST 2003

      So player lever becomes (see spell_util.c:caster_level) 1 - 2 (repelled) -> -1

      Min level to cast (min_casting_level) is 1 - 2 -> -1 checked against <1 -> 1

      So he simply can't cast the spell, and can't level up alone, need to party.

      I think the best way to fix is to check caster_level and return at least 1.

Maybe a way to solve this relatively easy and intuitive could be instead of
doing "current_level -2" to calculate the repelled level calculate it like
"(int)(current_level * percentage)" percentage beeing some number between 0.8
and 0.99 perhaps? Maybe even lower, i'm just saying a number.

I thought about this way cause after helping that guy to grow up in his
summoning skill (wich had to be up to level 5 and not 3 as anyone would supose)
he would have such a hard work to level up from 5 to 6 using just the summon
lesser golem spell, but if it was by percentage that would also be solved.

Not in my best day, do i explain myself?

--

      Karla  Mª  Stenger  Sábat   |

      Pando . Canelones . Uruguay |

      kstenger at montevideo.com.uy