[CF-Devel] recent improvements

Wed Jul 2 06:06:21 CDT 2003

Le Mercredi 2 Juillet 2003 07:04, Todd a écrit :

      I am now getting an error during compile in line 1117 of loader.l

      "initializer element is not constant"

      I am still waiting for any feedback on the recent change to

      AC_PREREQ([2.54]) in the aclocal.m4 file which hasen't been explained as

      either necessary or desirable since it will cause some problems (well I

      edited it to AC_PREREQ([2.52]) and it seems to compile it with warnings)

      on stock Debain systems....

      I think it's all a plot to drive me away...

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

Perhaps am quilty, i dunno.
The fact is i had to recreate one week ago the Makefiles
to add a file in the installation list when i did
add the smoothing code. I used automake 1.7 and
autoheader/autoconf 2.50 on a Debian with unstable
configuration.

What concern your error, am going to fix it as soon
as possible. The offending line is has follow.
static int eol_size=strlen("\n");
Here gcc 3.3 doesn't warn since, according to C standards
strlen("\n") can be guessed at compile time.
However i'll move this line to an initialisation routine
somewhere. Sorry for conveniences.

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com