[CF-Devel] invisible spells.

Tue Jul 8 07:49:50 CDT 2003

Le Mardi 8 Juillet 2003 09:38, Mark Wedel a écrit :

        I'm slowly working my way, converting the old spell stuff to spell

      objects.

        I got to invisibility, of which there are currently 3 varieties -

      invisible, invisible to undead, and improved invisible.  For the first 2,

      if you attack, the spell is lost.

        I was think that this could perhaps get abstracted more, eg, invisible

      to kobolds, invisible to plants, etc.  Most likely, this would use

      a field in the object to say what this makes one invisible against.

        The obvious question is whether this would seem that useful - currently,

      the undead is a special case, because undead is not effected by normal

      invisibility (this goes back to the case that thinks like skeletons

      obviously don't have eyes, so sense creatures through some other means

      than just light).

        Does anyone see much a need beyond undead/non undead invisibility?

      As I type this up, I don't really see any, unless we add yet more

      special cases of race/creatures that are immune to invisiblity, but

      since I have typed this up, I figured I would send it out.

      Given the code, it would be easy to make something like an 'improved

      invisiblity to undead' any way that I go.

Invisibility to flying creatures?

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

     crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com