[CF-Devel] smoothing code.

Thu Jul 10 04:59:59 CDT 2003

Le Jeudi 10 Juillet 2003 00:25, Tim Rightnour a écrit :

      On 09-Jul-03 David Delbecq wrote:

      > Well unless you added smooth to mountains or water, there is no smoothed

      > area (yet) in the hall of selection, which is why i find it so wierd.

      > Note that i fixed a bug in server which appeared during add of smoothing

      > code and which laid to transmitting from srever to client invalid face

      > numbers (an sigsegv when referencing pixmaps[]). This is probably what

      > happened. Could you check you have the latest version of server?

      Todd did add smoothing to mountains.. thats why I brought it up.

      I just now updated the server, rebuilt, updated the client again, and

      rebuilt it.  and still instant crash on connect.

Strange i can't reproduce it. Anyway, seems Todd di make mistakes in the
smooth file concerning mountains (no the right face name used, corrected it).
Perhap this had lead to client crash, but am not sure at all.
I just rebuild the arch file and commit along with the correct smooth file.
May be this will help. If not, please send us the content of your
~/.crossfire/gdefault file so i could test with exact same configuration as
you.
Thanks a lot

      ---

      Tim Rightnour <